During the National Grain and Feed Association’s (NGFA) 127th annual convention on March 21-23, top agribusiness leaders will gather at the La Quinta Resort & Club in La Quinta, California, to address upcoming opportunities for grain, feed, processing and export markets.
“This year’s convention includes a stellar lineup of agribusiness leaders and federal regulatory officials to address and meet with NGFA members," said NGFA President and CEO Mike Seyfert. "They will provide insightful and timely perspectives on emerging issues for the agricultural value chain, including important transportation investments, risk management assessments, consumer behavior and political outlooks.
"We are expecting an exceptional turnout for the convention this year and I look forward to meeting new and familiar faces in La Quinta," continued Seyfer. "We also look forward to welcoming the new class of the NGFA Committee Apprentice Program (CAP) and our National Grain and Feed Foundation scholarship winners from the Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Related Sciences (MANRRS) student society.”
Confirmed general session speakers
- “How Consumer Preferences on Sustainability and Diversity are Shaping Your Business” with Erin Condon, director of diversity, inclusion and culture at CGB Enterprises, Megan Rock, chief sustainability officer at CHS Inc., and Steve Wittbecker, chief sustainability officer at CoBank (March 22 Opening General Session)
- “NGFA Chairman’s Address” featuring Greg Beck, senior vice president, grain, CGB Enterprises, Inc. (March 22 Opening General Session)
- "Industry Keynote Address” featuring Donnie Smith, chairman and CEO of Foster Farms (March 23 Closing General Session)
- “A Conversation with the CFTC Chairman” with Rostin Behnam, chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (March 23 Closing General Session)
- “2022 Mid-Term Election Analysis” with David Wasserman, senior election analyst at The Cook Political Report with Amy Walter and NBC contributor (March 23 Closing General Session)
Transportation and Technology Open Forum
The convention also includes a Transportation and Technology Open Forum on March 21 featuring leaders in rail and waterways:
- “Expectations for the US Freight Rail System in 2023” with Ian Jefferies, president and CEO of the Association of American Railroads
- “STB Update” with Michelle Schultz, board member of the Surface Transportation Board
- “The State of our Navigation Infrastructure” with Thomas Heinold, operations division chief at the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for the Rock Island District
View the convention schedule, which includes information on NGFA business meetings, the golf tournament to benefit the National Grain and Feed Foundation and networking events.
Register: Members of the media should contact Sarah Gonzalez, NGFA’s director of communications and digital media, to register.