The National Oilseed Processors Association has approved a new strategic plan that outlines the association's priorities for the next five years. The plan aims to advance the US oilseed industry and is aligned with the association's commitment to collaboration, advocacy, and organizational effectiveness. The plan is supported by revised foundational statements, including a revised purpose statement and new association values statements. The NOPA Chair expressed excitement for the future and the opportunity to revitalize the core principles of the organization.
The newly approved strategic plan was developed through a comprehensive process that started in August 2022. Perspectives were gathered from a survey and in-person interviews, and an in-depth analysis of existing themes and previous promise statements was conducted. The NOPA Board of Directors, along with the association's staff and legal counsel, reviewed the previously approved plan and analyzed the current state of the industry to develop a vision for the future of the association.
The new strategic plan is:
What we do
Serve as the trusted voice to facilitate growth for a sustainable and safe U.S. oilseed industry.
Who we are
- Ethical: Set the standard for honest and fair interactions with all partners based on mutual respect.
- Collaborative: Committed to working across the value chain to strengthen the U.S. oilseed industry for a sustainable future.
- Trusted: Pursue excellence, deliver results for our members, and apply science-based research to advance our industry.
The plan commits the association to three strategic pillars to guide its work over the next five years.
How we deliver
NOPA capitalized upon the collective knowledge and expertise of its members and staff to achieve our
strategic goals in three core areas.
- Collaboration – Build support for NOPA goals through engagement with strategic value chain partners.
- Advocacy – Generate wins for the United States oilseed industry through NOPA’s regulatory, legislative, and trade priorities.
- Organizational Effectiveness – Create continuous value for members through agility and efficient operations.