Create a free Feed & Grain account to continue reading

Grain Bin Fire at ADM in Fremont, NE

Spark from two pieces of metal may have caused the incident Friday evening

PEXELS.com
PEXELS.com

Fire crews responded to a grain bin fire caused by moving parts at ADM in south Fremont, NE, Friday evening, reports the Fremont Tribune.

FFD Capt. Pat Tawney said the department received a report of a bin on fire at ADM in south Fremont around 5:30 p.m.

β€œThey think a spark from two pieces of metal might have gotten hot and dropped some embers down into that product,” he told the Tribune. β€œSo the product in that bin was burning.”

As the bin was on the second story, firefighters made their way up to disassemble the vent tubing in order to extinguish the fire.

No one was injured in the fire and the bin had minimal damage.

Page 1 of 134
Next Page