Create a free Feed & Grain account to continue reading

Fire damages silo at Wisconsin mill

The incident was believed to have been caused by an overheating piece of machinery.

Firetruck 6820125 1280

WXOW reported on a fire that broke out Sunday evening at La Crosse Milling in Cochrane, Wisconsin, damaging a silo at the grain mill.

The Buffalo County Sheriff's Office indicated that the fire originated in an oat silo and was contained to an auger. Upon arrival, emergency crews evacuated the building. Firefighters from Tri-County, Alma, and Fountain City departments managed to keep the fire confined to the silo.

As a precaution, train traffic on nearby tracks was halted during the four hours it took to put out the fire. The sheriff's office stated that an overheating piece of machinery is believed to have caused the blaze. No injuries were reported, and a damage estimate is not yet available. 

Page 1 of 133
Next Page