The American Feed Industry Association (AFIA) is hosting a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual for Animal Food training July 24-26 in Nashville, TN.
Attendees will receive a FSPCA PCQI certificate after completion of the course. The training was developed by the FSPCA and is the “standardized curriculum” the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recognizes as adequate for PCQI training.
Successfully completing this course is one way to meet the requirements for a PCQI. Some areas the training will cover include:
- Overview of the Food Safety Modernization Act requirements for animal food
- Current Good Manufacturing Practice requirements
- Animal food safety hazards
- Overview of the food safety plan
- Hazard analysis and preventive controls determination
The American Registry of Professional Animal Scientists has approved the course for 10 continuing education units.
To register, click here.
For more information, visit the course website.
For more information, contact Gary Huddleston, AFIA's director of feed manufacturing and regulatory affairs.