The print and digital editions of Feed & Grain magazine deliver practical, real world solutions to industry issues that can be integrated into the workflow of grain and feed facilities nationwide. From the prevention of cross contamination, to improving equipment efficiencies, to avoiding safety incidents, and maintaining grain quality, all aspects of the industry are covered in one place.
In 2022, subscribers showed the most interest in content focused on upcoming construction projects, profiles of new or expanded feed mills and grain facilities, and advice for grain operators on critical issues like safety, grain cleaning and mycotoxin management. Here is a list of this year's most-clicked headlines from Feed & Grain magazine.
1. CHS automated elevator features 24-hour grain delivery
Lights-out automation allows farmers to drop off grain quickly day or night while making the grain delivery process more efficient for employees. — August/September 2022
2. Grain Handling Construction Projects Across the Nation
Soybean crush capacity to skyrocket; More export terminals coming online in 2023. — August/September 2022
3. Finding the Best Mycotoxin Testing Kit for Your Grain Facility
Today’s test kits focus on data, speed and accuracy to detect mycotoxin contamination. — June/July 2022
4. Ardent Mills' Modern Flour Mill Offers Strategic Advantages
Port Redwing facility offers unmatched supply chain flexibility, leading-edge automation and quality control capabilities. — June/July 2022
5. Aviagen Builds One of the World’s Most Biosecure Feed Mills
Isolated location, separate production buildings and cutting-edge automation elevate global poultry breeder to the next level of pathogen control. — October/November 2022
6. Feed Industry Optimistic About 2022 Despite Challenges
The North American animal feed industry faces many headwinds, but experts think feed production will see strong demand this year. — April/May 2022
7. Data-Driven Feed Mill Uses Technology to Increase Production
Farmers’ Grain & Feed’s new mill aims to serve its community through efficiency and consistency. — January 2022
8. Best Practices to Navigate Confined Space Entry Permitting
All feed and grain handling facilities need to designate someone who is an expert in the latest safety requirements. — February/March 2022
9. How Magnets Reduce Metal Contamination in Grain Processing
The type and placement of magnetic separation equipment is integral to your facility’s success. — June/July 2022
10. University Feed Mill Brings Technology into 21st Century
The Feed Technology Center at University of Illinois is fully automated and features all new equipment and software. — October/November
For insights on more leading coverage from feedandgrain.com, check out our year-in-review of the the top news headlines from 2022.