Martin® SQC2S™ Cleaner
Martin Engineering has announced a secondary conveyor belt cleaner engineered to improve performance and reduce maintenance time, even as average belt speeds and loads continue to increase. The Martin® SQC2S™ Cleaner features individually cushioned tungsten carbide blades for effective cleaning without risk to the belt or splices. The new design forms a single sealing edge that maintains steady, adjustable pressure. Patented rubber buffers maintain the cleaning pressure throughout the blade’s life, while deflecting sufficiently to allow splices to pass without harm and ensuring compatibility with reversing belts or those that experience backup at shutdown. Moving parts are zinc plated to resist seizing or rusting.
- Design forms a single sealing edge that maintains steady, adjustable pressure
- Rubber buffers maintain the cleaning pressure throughout the blade’s life
- Moving parts are zinc plated
- Engineered to withstand high belt speeds, high-impact transfers and high tonnage loads.
- Designed for a maximum belt speed of 1000 fpm (5.08 m/sec), the cleaner is suited for belt widths from 18 to 96 inches (~400 to 2400 mm).
- Features straight 5.91 inch (151 mm) individual blade sections or 3 inch (76.2 mm) individual blade sections
- Urethane blades are color-coded according to their continuous temperature rating, ranging between -40° to 350°F (-40° to 177°C)
- Tungsten carbide tips can be specified for normal, acidic or high-impact conditions
- Rubber wear strip is supplied in continuous lengths up to 100 feet (30.48 m)
- Blade removal and replacement is a simple
- Martin Engineering’s “no-reach design,” which allows workers to conduct their lockout / tag-out procedure more safely