What Was the Top News from July?
Stories that got feedandgrain.com readers’ attention last month include grain bin accidents, mergers, additions, new legislation and lawsuits
Stories that got feedandgrain.com readers’ attention last month include grain bin accidents, mergers, additions, new legislation and lawsuits.
10. Report Identifies True Cost of Transporting Grain -- It's more than the cost of a truck or rail rates or barge freight
9. Senate Republicans Unveil $20B HEALS Act -- Senate leadership also introduced Continuing Small Business Recovery and Paycheck Protection Program Act as part of HEALS Act
8. Owensboro Grain Builds Third Million-Bushel Bin -- Kentucky facility will have its new bin ready by this year's harvest
7. Aviagen Expands Feed Mill in Tennessee -- Company will invest $35.3M in state-of-the-art feed mill in Pikeville
6. U.S. Warns Against Unsolicited Seeds from China -- Officials said seeds could be invasive species that could threaten crops or livestock
5. Green Plains Sues ADM, Alleging Manipulation -- Accuses global grain trader of manipulating the price of ethanol to profit
4. The Andersons Fined $2M for Trading Violations -- According to CME, company tried to manipulate price difference between futures contracts in late 2017
3. Hemp Dryer Explodes on Pennsylvania Farm -- Incident occurred at Kleen Acres Alpaca Farm in Manor Township, PA
2. Landmark Services Cooperative & Countryside Cooperative to Merge -- Merger is expected to take effect on March 1, 2021
1. Man Dies in Iowa Grain Bin Accident -- 65-year-old Daniel Cronin had been loosening stuck corn when he became trapped