Smoldering Grain Fire in North Dakota
Small fire located in grain dryer at Country Grain Cooperative, Eldridge
Smouldering grain is being blamed for a small fire in a grain dryer in Eldridge, ND, on Monday, reports The Jamestown Sun.
Stutsman County Communications Center received a 4:22 p.m. call regarding a fire in a grain dryer at Country Grain Cooperative.
The co-op was drying corn and there are hot spots that can ignite when grains get stuck in the dryer, said Ben Maulding, chief of Jamestown Rural Fire Department. Some panels might need to be replaced but there did not appear to be significant damage, he said.