No Injuries in Beason, IL, Grain Elevator Explosion
Crews inspected the elevator and determined an overheated grain leg bearing likely caused the explosion
According to a report in The Courier, area firefighters responded last week to an explosion at the Topflight Grain Co-op elevator in Beason, IL.
Neighbors called 911 just before 4 p.m. after a loud explosion inside the building shook the walls of their nearby home. Early reports claimed that flames could be seen coming out of the building, but none were visible when firefighters arrived.
No injuries or significant damage was reported. Crews inspected the elevator and determined that an overheated grain leg bearing likely caused the explosion.
Firefighters from Beason, Atlanta, and Lincoln Rural responded to the call.