Midwest Association of Rail Shippers Announces Larger Venue
250th meeting that will be held January 17–18, 2018 in Lombard, IL
The Midwest Association of Rail Shippers has a new venue for the organization’s 250th meeting that will be held January 17–18, 2018 in Lombard, Illinois.
“Attendance has been growing in recent years, so we are moving our 2018 Winter Meeting to the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center which will be able to accommodate more people in a setting that facilitates better networking,” said MARS President Michael Barth.
The agenda for the Winter Meeting is still coming together, but scheduled speakers include:
- Jose Guillermo Zozaya Delano, president and general manager, Kansas City Southern de Mexico;
- Tony Hatch, president, ABH Consulting;
- Mark Millett, president and CEO of Steel Dynamics Inc.;
- Pat Ottensmeyer, president and CEO, Kansas City Southern;
- James A. Squires, chairman, president and CEO, Norfolk Southern;
- Eric Starks, chairman and CEO, FTR Transportation Intelligence;
- Beth Whited, executive vice president and CMO, Union Pacific Railroad; and
- Barbara Wilson, head of surface transportation/president, Wells Fargo Rail.
In addition to the programs and presentations, the Winter Meeting will offer a range of educational breakout sessions relevant transportation executives as well as people new to the industry, such as: Railroading 101; Railroading 201; Intermodal 101; Railcar Fleet Management; and other rail freight-oriented topics. There is no charge for these seminars and it is not necessary to attend the conference to attend a seminar. Anyone interested in these subjects is welcome to attend at no cost.
The conference schedule starts with a welcome reception on the evening of Tuesday, January 16, a full day on Wednesday, January 17, and a half day on Thursday, January 18. MARS is also hosting a daylong rail goods and services vendor exhibition on January 17, concurrent with the formal meeting.
The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center is located at 70 Yorktown Shopping Center, Lombard, Illinois. The registration cost is $275 before December 26 for members and for guests, and $300 after that date. Registration can be completed online.
Hotel rooms can be reserved at the special MARS rate until December 26.