February 25, 2020 | Kearney Hub
print-button

Fire at The Andersons in Kearney, NE

Mechanical malfunction inside main elevator leg caused the incident

At 11:22 a.m. on Monday, firefighters were called to a mechanical malfunction inside the main elevator leg at The Andersons Grain Elevator, Kearney, NE.

Smoke was reported in the upper head house of the elevator, and the elevator was being evacuated, reports the Kearney Hub.

Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera at the top of the elevator where they found light smoke, but no flames.

More Articles