Fire at Bunge Plant in Red Oak, IA
Processing system malfunction resulted in overheating of processed grain
The exterior processing stacks caught fire at the Bunge Plant in Red Oak, IA, Wednesday evening, reports KMA Land.
Fire crews were dispatched to Bunge at 5:39 p.m. and battled the blaze for approximately two hours.
Fire Chief John Bruce says the cause of the fire was a malfunction in a computerized processing system that led to the over heating of processed grain product.
The fire was contained to the outside stacks, but heavy damage was reported.