Dust May Have Caused Explosion at Texas Feed Mill
Firefighters located evidence of an overheated bearing
Officials said a blast last week Wednesday at the Jupe Feeds Inc. feed milling facility in Temple, TX, was likely caused by an ignition of accumulated grain dust according to a report at Powder & Bulk Solids.
“Firefighters located evidence of [an] overheated bearing,” Temple Fire & Rescue said in a statement released to media. "The bearing was cooled with water. There was no evidence of fire. The explosion damaged a section of a grain elevator located outside of the building."
Read the full report here.