Dryer Fire at Walcott, IA, Co-op
Firefighters spent hours putting out fire at River Valley Cooperative
KWQC reported on a dryer fire at River Valley Cooperative in Walcott, IA. When firefighters arrived at the fire the upper half of the dryer was on fire, and because of the hight of the fire, a neighboring fire department had to be called to reach it. Wholes were cut into the dryer to drain the grain inside, and help control the fire. No one was injured and the cause of the fire nor the amount of damage incurred.