Discarded Cigarette Sparked Fire at Arthur Grain Mill
Fire destroyed historic facility in Brighton, CO, earlier this month
Police have taken over the investigation into the fire that destroyed the historic Arthur Grain Mill, Brighton, CO, after it was determined it was sparked by a discarded cigarette, reports 9 News.
Brighton Fire Rescue said in a Tweet Tuesday that someone sleeping in the abandoned building discarded the cigarette and it started the fire on Feb. 8.
The historic Arthur Grain Mill was a total loss following the second alarm fire.