close [X]
June 12, 2019 | Powder & Bulk Solids
print-button

Conveyor Failure Sparked Fire at Texas Cargill Facility

Multi-alarm fire injured several firefighters

Image courtesy of Harris County Fire Marshal's Office Facebook page

A malfunction in a conveyor belt sparked a multi-alarm grain silo fire last Sunday night at a Cargill facility in Channelview, TX, local news organizations reported. Several firefighters were injured during the response. 

According to a report at Powder & Bulk Solids, the conveyor belt that sparked the fire was located at the top of the silo. 

Related Articles