Columbia/Okura Aligns with Universal Robots
Will help company deliver more extensive range of robotic palletizing solutions to end users
Columbia/Okura LLC is pleased to announce a strategic alliance with Universal Robots.
This relationship will allow Columbia/Okura to deliver a more extensive range of robotic palletizing solutions to end users; now inclusive of collaborative palletizing applications.
Columbia/Okura has been working on the development of miniPALTM a mobile, collaborative palletizing product integrating Universal Robot’s UR10e for some time. The company intends to launch this new product range of palletizing “cobots” immediately.
“The partnership between our two companies allows Columbia/Okura to provide a safe and economical palletizing solution to clients who are facing labor shortages, many of whom may also be new to factory automation” says Brian Hutton, president of Columbia/Okura LLC.
With the introduction of a collaborative palletizer, employees can be re-deployed to work on higher value tasks where their time and skills are better served.
Columbia/Okura continues to evolve product offerings to meet growing customer needs for safe, reliable and economical systems.
The new collaborative product offering has five benefits:
- Efficient set-up: Takes less than a full day; plugs into 110V AC wall power
- Easy operation: No previous programming experience required
- Quick payback: Average payback is between 8-10 months, depending on application and industry
- Flexible deployment: Our mobile solution is easily moved and re-deployed to new processes
- No guarding required: A vast majority of cobot applications work next to humans without perimeter guarding requirements