Update: Cause of Dakota Mill Fire Determined
Officials confirm an overheated conveyor belt ignited grain dust
Officials said an overheated conveyor belt caused grain dust to ignite at a mill and grain elevator in Belle Fourche, SD Wednesday morning, prompting firefighters to close a nearby highway and evacuate neighboring buildings as crews battled the fire, reported the Black Hills Pioneer.
Fire crews responded to the fire at the Dakota Mill and Grain Elevator in Belle Fourche at 11 a.m. and put down the fire at about 4 p.m., Belle Fourche Volunteer Fire Department Fire Chief Ryan Reeves told the Pioneer. A portion of nearby Highway 85 was shut down during the incident.
For the full story, click here.