ADM Opens Nebraska Feed Facility
Focused on livestock feed, Columbus plant offers state-of-the-art technology
Archer Daniels Midland Company celebrates the opening of its new, high-tech feed facility in Columbus, NE.
“Earlier this spring, we opened our new pet food premix facility in Effingham, IL," says Samson Li, president, ADM Animal Nutrition. "Today, we’re celebrating another new, state-of-the-art ADM Animal Nutrition plant, this time in Columbus, NE. We’re proud to invest in Columbus, and in a new, modern facility that will allow us to continue to meet customer needs for high quality, cost- competitive feed.”
Gov. Pete Rickettssays ading value to agricultural products is at the heart of a strong and growing ag economy in Nebraska.
“By producing high-quality livestock feed here, ADM is not only adding value to ag products, but their continued investment adds value to our state," he says. "We are excited that ADM continues to invest in Columbus and across Nebraska.”
The new facility features state-of-the-art technology, including:
- Expanded warehouse space to serve our customers more quickly and efficiently
- New production line to provide range blocks for cattle, dairy cows and horses
- Automation within receiving, batching, packaging, and loadout
- Multiple batching systems with simultaneous weighing for high efficiency and high output
- Completely integrated process control system designed to deliver consistent food quality and safety