ADM Opens Animal Nutrition Facility in Quincy, IL
One of six locations in area where company employs 500 people
Archer Daniels Midland Company has opened its new high-tech livestock feed facility in Quincy, IL.
This is the fourth cutting-edge animal nutrition manufacturing facility in North America opened in recent months by the company.
“Animal nutrition is one of our key growth platforms, and this investment is another great example of the efforts we are taking to become the go-to partner for our livestock, aquaculture and companion- animal customers around the globe,” says ADM Chairman and CEO Juan Luciano. “We’ve made significant investments to expand and improve our animal nutrition capabilities. This is an exciting time for our business and our customers alike, and I’m proud to help celebrate the ribbon cutting of this impressive new facility in Quincy.”
The new facility is located next to the original feed manufacturing plant ADM purchased in 1998 from Moorman Manufacturing Co.
It is one of six ADM locations in the Quincy area, where ADM employs approximately 500 people.
The new plant will enable ADM to meet customers’ growing needs in the United States. It features state-of-the-art technology, including:
- Expanded warehouse space to serve customers more quickly and efficiently
- Enhanced manufacturing capabilities to serve increased demand for products
- Dedicated feed line for non-medicated product
- Automated packaging and process controls
- Unique pressed tubs for multiple species
Over the past five years, ADM has significantly expanded its animal nutrition capabilities with a series of expansions and investments, including:
- Acquiring Neovia — a leader in value-added products and solutions for both production and companion animals worldwide
- Building and renovating three specialty animal nutrition plants in China, and four in the U.S.
- Acquiring pet treat manufacturer Crosswind Industries
- Expanding pet food ingredient manufacturing capabilities in North America
- Entering into a partnership with China-based Qingdao Vland Biotech Group and building a cutting-edge research lab in California to develop and commercialize animal feed enzymes
- Purchasing Protexin—a leading provider of probiotic supplements for a variety of animal markets, including aquaculture, equine, livestock and companion animals, as well as human wellness products
For more information, visit admanimalnutrition.com.