AAFCO to Hold Pet Food Labeling Workshop
Workshop to be held in May in Kansas City
AAFCO Pet Food Labeling Workshop will be held on Thursday, May 2, 2019 at the Kansas City Marriott Downtown, the day after the close of the 2019 Petfood Forum.
Registration for the AAFCO Pet Food Labeling Workshop is limited to 300 people. To register and reserve a seat at this in-demand workshop, go to the AAFCO website.
Each participant will receive a two-week subscription to the AAFCO Online Official Publication (OP) along with the Pet Food Labeling Guide that will be used that day.
Just some of what you’ll learn:
- Specialty Pet Food Labeling Requirements
- Product Claims - "Made of" or "Made in," Natural, Organic, Human Grade, USDA or FDA
- Marketing-acceptable claims, Product Claims, Dental Claims, Drug Claims and Product Comparison Claims
- Certified/Inspected/Approved, “-Free” and “No-“Claims, Made in USA, 3rd party verification or logos
- Guaranteed Analysis (About/Purpose, Guarantees, Common Problems)
- Nutritional Adequacy (About/Purpose, Substantiation, Common Problems)
- Reviewing Labels - What states look for