The American Seed Trade Association during its 129th Annual Convention in National Harbor, MD, elected new officers and chairs to the Board of Directors for Fiscal Year 2012/13.
“As we have seen in past years, we continue to have strong commitment from our volunteer leaders to help propel the seed industry forward during the next year,” says Andy LaVigne, ASTA president and chief executive officer. “Our incoming officers and chairs bring diverse experience, energy and expertise to their positions and will help prioritize ASTA’s agenda.”
Blake Curtis of Curtis & Curtis, Inc., based out of Clovis, NM, was elected ASTA chairman for the new fiscal year. Craig Newman of AgReliant Genetics, LLC, will serve as first vice chairman and John Schoenecker of HM. Clause will serve as second vice chairman.
Newly elected Division chairs are:
- David Bigger, Worldwide Soy Technologies, LLC, Soybean Seed Division chair
- Sam Cable, Barenbrug USA, Inc., Lawn Seed Division chair
- Kent Croon, Monsanto Company, Vegetable & Flower Seed Division chair
- Lou Buice, Golden Acres Genetics, Ltd., Corn & Sorghum Seed Division chair
- Alan Ostercamp, RiceTec, Inc., Farm Seed Division chair
The division chairs serve one year and are responsible for setting priorities and objectives for their respective seed sector, helping plan meeting sessions and hosting division meetings.
Incoming chairs for ASTA’s Standing Committees are:
- Kim Alberty, Agassiz Seed & Supply, Environmental & Conservation Seed Committee chair
- William Hairston, Bayer CropScience, Seed Treatment & Environment Committee chair
- Tom Moore, HM. Clause, International Executive Committee chair
- Keith Newhouse, Winfield Solutions, LLC, Biotechnology Committee chair
- David Pearl, The CISCO Companies, Legislative & Legal Concerns Committee chair
- Dave Stimpson, Dow AgroSciences, Seed Industry Relations Committee chair
- Karen Withers, Pennington Seed, Inc., Phytosanitary Committee chair.
ASTA Standing Committee chairs serve two years and are responsible for identifying committee priorities, determining the appropriate action forward, working with the division chairs and hosting committee meetings.