SGS is pleased to announce the acquisition of AG Research Associates LLC (ARA) in Georgia, a contract research organization for both registration and R&D of new agrochemicals and seeds.
Founded 10 years ago and privately owned, ARA employs 30 highly qualified staff. It operates through a network of research stations in Georgia, California, Nebraska, Michigan and Texas.The portfolio of services of ARA includes:
- Field trials – GLP, bio-efficacy & GMO efficacy
- Project management/study directorship
- Sample preparation centers and express transportation of research samples across the US
- Quality assurance services (inhouse) for GLP studies
- Regulatory affairs/registration services
This acquisition allows SGS to penetrate new geographies in the U.S. agricultural research market outside the Midwest, completing its actual portfolio of field and laboratory services for GLP studies.