AMANDA R. STRAINIS-WALKER is an Associate in the Labor and Employment practice, in the firm's Washington, D.C., office. She focuses on occupational safety and health law.
- Represents employers and trade associations in all matters regarding the Occupational Safety and Health Act ("OSH Act")
- Manages inspections conducted by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration ("OSHA") and the Chemical Safety Board
- Handles the full range of litigation related to contesting citations issued by OSHA
- Counsels clients on compliance with all standards set by OSHA, including ones for process safety management, grain handling, lockout/tagout, fall protection, flammable and combustible liquids, machine guarding, and hazard communication
- Conducts workplace safety and health training presentations
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Ms. Strainis-Walker worked at the U.S. Department of Labor as a Special Assistant to the Assistant Secretary of OSHA and then as an Attorney Advisor, where she advised the U.S. Solicitor of Labor on a diverse range of labor and employment issues, with a particular focus on OSHA and Mine Safety and Health Administration matters. She later joined the Washington, D.C., office of a large law firm as an associate attorney, where she litigated, and provided advice to employers on, OSH Act matters.
During law school, Ms. Strainis-Walker clerked for the Honorable Wayne Andersen of the U.S. District Court in the Northern District of Illinois; the Federal Communications Commission in Washington, D.C.; and the U.S. Attorney's Office in Savannah, Georgia. She also was a member of the law school's Public Interest Law Reporter.