Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc.
last updated: April 23, 2018
24711 Emerson Rd.
Sterling, IL 61081
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel here!
Batching Systems - Agricultural Applications
- Feed Mills
- Premix Plants: Batching systems, plant automation
- Grain Systems: Inventory systems, mechanical handling systems
Sterling offers automating solutions for every aspect of the animal feed manufacturing process.
- Grinding (Hammer Mill & Roller Mill)
- Finish Feed Routing
- Loadout Systems (Fixed Truck Scales & Lorry Scales)
- Automating Bulk Material Handling Systems
- Minor & Micro Ingredient Systems
- Liquid Weighing or Metering Systems (Optimized for fat and molasses as well as many other liquids commonly used in the Animal Feed Mill facilities)
- Formulation Management & Storage
- Raw Material Management, Inventory and Usage
- Material Parameters (Tolerance, Feeder Speed, Jog, and Pre-act/Cutoff…)
- Raw Material Lot Tracking (Bar Code, RFID)
- Process Validation (Bar Code, RFID…)
- Equipment Parameters (Scales, Mixer, Dry Ingredient Feeders, Liquid Meters…)
- Finished Batch Tracking
- Abnormal Condition Alarms and Tracking
- Remote Batching & Data Access Software (WebCentral)
- Troubleshooting & Diagnostics Features (Local & Remote)
- Least Cost Formulation Software Interfaces
30 Bin Auto and Semi-Auto Hybrid Ingredient Batching System
30 bin ingredient batching system, 18 automatic and 12 semi-automatic hand-adds. Thius hybrid system used 4 scales in the automatic section and 2 scales in the hand-adds.
Ingredient System Lot Tracking and Locking Bins w/ Dust Collection Hoods
This video illustrates some of the optional customization Sterling Systems & Controls can provide its customers as a part of an ingredient batching system (micro, minor, bulk or hybrid). These features shown here include: Barcode Scanning (RFID available as well) for lot tracking and to ensure proper ingredient is added to the bin, and Bin Locking to aid in dust control and prevent tampering.
40 Bin Kitchen Batching System
A semi-automatic ingredient batching system for the food industry is often referred to as a Kitchen Batching System. This multiple bin system requires operator involvement for the batching operation but it is also automated in the control of the human actions and assures accurate weighments and batches. The Kitchen Batching System also improves speed and overall efficiency of the ingredient batching process over a manual process. Included in a typical customized Kitchen Batching System are:
- Multiple ingredient bins/totes - Stainless Steel Table(s)
- Moving weigh table w/ scale and touchscreen display
- PC Control Panel and weight instruments