Genetic ID Inc.
last updated: February 26, 2014
504 North 4th St
Fairfield, IA 52556
Genetic ID provides world class products and services that enable the food, feed, and agricultural industries to navigate complex, everchanging, global regulatory and market demands.
Beginning in 1996, Genetic ID set the milestones and industry standards that defined the guiding principles of a new field of scientific food testing, trusted third-party certification, and expedited regulatory compliance. Since then, no organization has gained more experience in import-export procedures, cooperation with government agencies, non-GMO certification, and the most rigorous DNA testing technologies.
Continuing to this day, landmark developments since 1996 by Genetic ID have included:
- Providing DNA testing services internationally to detect the presence of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in the food chain
- Providing accurate, quantitative GMO testing services
- Introduction of a third-party non-GMO certification program and import-export expediting process
- The first global laboratory network- Global Laboratory Alliance, to use accredited test methodology specifically identifying each commercialized GM corn, soy, and potato variety, including those not approved for human food use in the EU and Japan.
- The first GMO testing provider to develop customized certification programs to comply with government regulations in various countries
- The first co-innovator to apply leading-edge DNA chip technology on a widespread basis to testing targets critical to food and agriculture, including GMOs, allergens, and animal feed adulterants such as byproducts of ruminant animals.