Wouldn’t it be nice if you could look at your mobile device or fire up your computer and determine where your grain trucks are located, who is driving, time spent at each delivery and when it’s time for servicing?
Fleet management services are quickly becoming a common tool for managing agricultural businesses both large and small. There are numerous GPS devices and mobile technologies that have been developed in recent years that have made this service affordable for managing your vehicles, trucks, tractors & other motorized equipment. Imagine logging into GPS Insight account via any computer and evaluating such things as:
- Fuel Costs - determine wasteful idling, excessive speeding; efficiency of driving routes or unauthorized use of trucks.
- Productivity – Know exactly where you drivers are at all times.
- Labor Costs – Ensure drivers are accountable for the hours they claim.
- Safety – Drivers are more responsible and safer behind the wheel when they are monitored.
- Maintenance – Extend the life of your trucks by receiving maintenance notifications.
- Invoicing – Bill your customers more accurately by reviewing tracking reports; know exactly when they receive their shipment.
- Customer Service – Imagine being able to tell a customer exactly where his load is located.
- Theft Recovery – A thief takes your truck you can pay him a quick visit.
- Insurance Discount – Many insurance companies provide discounts for installed monitoring systems.
Fleet monitoring has been around for a number of years but only in recent years with the availability of low cost GPS receivers and web based software has it been affordable. I truly believe managers of small companies who are trying to monitor many aspects of their business can truly benefit from services such as these.
For more information on fleet management service please visit the following links: