During the tour on Wednesday morning, visitors will have a chance to see two manufacturing plants of the MFS/York/Stormor dividon, where MFS and Stormor grain bins, Browne catwalk & towers, and York elevator and conveyors are being produced. They will see our brand new state-of-the-art grain bin foor and sidewall roll-forming machines, fully automated laser, CNC, press brakes and other equipment during their guided tour. After the plant tours, we will take them to their newly established R&D center, which houses most of their equipment in working condition including three grain bins, catwalk and towers, loop system, a grain dryer, and others. At the end of the tour, a lunch box will be provided and we will return to the hotel by 2 PM.
That afternoon, the Symposium will discuss the proposed (x624) – Grain Bin Entry Standards , which will become the new Design Parameters for future grain handling facilities. During the course of the program, we will discuss: bin access, size and location of access doors, provisions for possible support of davit arms, extrication devices, work plat-forms at access points, ladders, walkways, anchor points for restraint systems, procedures for entry, and safety signs, to name a few. The first round of voting on these issues within the ASABE took place between Dec. 13, 2012 and Jan. 12, 2013. This Symposium will be a great opportunity to ask questions and get more information regarding the direction the industry will likely take in the future on these important Design Parameters and specifications.
Thursday – March 14th :
The final morning‘s agenda will include (6-8) speakers, who will address the following topics:
- Best Management Practices covered in the Grain Entrapment Prevention flyers
- Trend-line for grain entrapments and fatalities.
- What has the grain industry been experiencing from OSHA? Why does OSHA continue to target the Grain Handling Industry?
- What options do you have in terms of continuing to use those existing sweep augers?
- Asset Management and Bin Failures
- Training opportunities for your employees
- Establishing – Regional Emergency Response teams for ag related incidents.